Frequently asked questions

🎫 Can an NZeTA be obtained locally?

No, you need an NZeTA (New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority - electronic travel authorisation) which must be obtained before his departure for New Zealand.

💰 What is the IVL tax and how do I claim it?

On 1 October 2019, the New Zealand government introduced the IVL tax (International Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy). This compulsory tourist tax is charged automatically when you apply for NZeTA Tourism. It costs 35 NZD (19 €).

⏳ How long is the NZeTA valid for?

The NZeTA allows you to remain a maximum of 3 months per stay and up to 6 months per year in the country. Once issued, the NZeTA is valid for 2 years and you can enter and leave the country multiple times.

⏩ Want to extend your NZeTA?

If you wish to extend your document, you must apply to the application for a new NZeTA before it expires.

If you want to extend your stay in New Zealand, consider the Visitor Visaallowing you to stay in New Zealand for up to 9 months, compared with 90 days for the NZeTA.

🛂 What should I do if I change my passport within 2 years?

If you change your passport during the 2-year validity of your visa, you can apply to renew your NZeTA (if issued by us) at no extra cost via our website. Please contact us via contact form.

✋ I have a stopover or transit in New Zealand, do I need an NZeTA?

NZeTA Transit is payable for transit through Auckland International Airport (only) or for cruise ship stopovers. For transit through other airports, a Tourism NZeTA will be required.

If you need to collect your baggage in transit, you will need a classic NZeTA and not a transit NZeTA.

Apply for a NZeTA

🚸 Does NZeTA also apply to minors?

Yes, minors must apply for an NZeTA regardless of their age.

🇦🇺 Would you like to visit Australia during your trip?

To travel to Australia, you need a visa.

You can apply for your visa here form.

💉 What vaccinations are compulsory in New Zealand?

Although there are no compulsory vaccinations for Westerners, don't hesitate to consult the list of recommended vaccines for certain situations: long or repeated stays, etc.

🧒 Do I need to apply for an exit permit for my child?

If a minor leaves French territory without a legal guardian, he or she must be in possession of an AST (authorisation to leave the country). This document can be requested online, and must be completed by one of the holders of parental authority. When travelling, this form must be accompanied by a copy of the identity document of the legal guardian.

🚨 What should you do if you've made a mistake in your application?

If you discover an error before sending your administrative documents, please indicate the correction to be made by sending these documents.

Beyond that moment, corrections can no longer be applied. We invite you to contact us for more information.

Once the NZeTA issued, its data cannot be modified. You will need to submit a new application if your information differs significantly.

🙅‍♂️ Would you like to cancel your request?

Unfortunately, once paid, an NZeTA application is non-refundable. Please contact us for further information..

ⓘ Is my personal information secure?

The data you enter on this site is protected and will only be used to obtain the NZeTA you have requested.. Our payment process is secure, and no banking information about you is stored on our servers.

> Consult our privacy policy